News of the Dela Cruz Family and the Liberty Bible Baptist Churches, Missions, and Ministries in Cambodia

[NEWS] July 19, 2011 Newsletter

Dear Beloved,


 

It is good for me that I had been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. Psalm 119:71

I start this letter with our bereavement due to the passing away into Glory of my older “big brother” Pastor Merlo Joy Dela Cruz of Bible Baptist Church Victorias City – Philippines. I was called up late on June 24th in the evening and was told to pray for him for he was hospitalized. My cousin called me at 5 AM the next morning ( June 25th) and she told me that your “big brother” is gone with the Lord. It was hard for me for we were close. He was just 47 years old, just a year and a half older than me. He was an active partner and supporter of World Missions.


We had Missions Conference in Dangkao that day and the 12th Church Anniversary the next day. But I composed myself and preached in the conference that evening in Dangkao. We had a great conference and it was climaxed by the preaching of DR Bob Bowen. God blessed it with 4 saved that weekend.

Grace and I left our sons with Ms. Glojem Minada for we cannot afford to buy tickets for them to go with us to the Philippines. We got there Wednesday noon, June 29th and preached that night where my brother’s body lie in front of me. We thank God for all the friends, family, pastors and missionaries, local officials and relatives that came to show their love and sympathy, it was also a great reunion for those we have not seen for a very long time. There were 76 pastors that attended the Funeral Services on July 7th, over 1,400 people came to attend, my Pastor DR Armie F. Jesalva delivered the message and there were 15 souls that got saved. Then we took my brother’s body and laid it to rest together with our parents at Heaven’s Gate Park in Manapla, our home town.

I covet your prayers for my sister-in law, Elsa, my brother’s children and Bible Baptist Church of Victorias as they all continue to fulfill God’s mandate. God is nearer when we are tested and faith that cannot be tested, cannot be trusted.

We then went to Cebu to visit my wife’s ailing mother. I got to preach on Sunday, July 10, at Mactan Independent Baptist Church where God blessed us with 8 souls saved! That evening and the next morning we attended the 2nd World Missions Conference at World In need Baptist Church in Mandaue City.


We got back here in Kampong Cham last Thursday, July 14, my wife’s birthday. So sorry that my letter is late due to the viruses that spoiled my computer.

June was a blessed month for us here in the field though.
I praise God for the 21 visitors that came to our services here in kampong Cham and the 12 souls that got saved! and we had an average attendance of 51 attendance
we had 7 fathers that came to our Fathers’ Sunday, 5 were first time visitors and Glory to God one of them got saved, his name is Somnang, he is a tailor. I thank God for my wife and kids that are very active in the ministry.
We had our kids festival , June 19 and we had 57 that came, 8 of them are First time visitors too. I preached to them from Mathew 10:27.... "the shepherd says come
Praise God for the great special service last June 21 in Bang Keng Kang, praise God for the 7 souls that got saved and the edification of the saints.

Back in Kampong Cham this evening, had Mid week service June 22, Dr Bosje and Bro. Arold sang , Dr Bowen preached. we had a good service, there were 33 that attended, 17 were visitors. Glory to God!

It is a blessing to receive support from our Church in Treng Trayueng led by Pastor Meas Phirun and they also support foreign missions.

God is in control of our lives and the ministry. We are grateful for you love, prayers and support.


Prayer requests:

1. More Bible Study openings here in the city.

2. Growth of new Believers

3. Baptismal Candidates

4. Vacation Bible School on August 15-19

5. Young people will surrender their lives to serve God

6. Additional monthly support for ( 200 liters of diesel – $1.10 per L )

7. Workers and teachers to help us reach kampong Cham for Christ.

8. Three Wheeler” motor bike for Bro. Reaksmai ( $1,500)



Thank you so much for your prayers and support.

Yours for the Harvest of Souls,




Missionary Lomer Hope Dela Cruz

0 comments: